The code will be used to inspire and reward better business practices and be used as a catalyst to help the industry to develop. Breaches will be seen as areas of business and industry improvement. If the code is breached – the reasons why will be investigated, and a program of self-improvement developed in consultation with relevant agencies to overcome the issue. This could require such things as workforce development, management training, customer service training, etc. However, if the code is breached more than three-time, DM may, at their discretion, terminate membership and benefits, and all relevant agencies will be notified of the breach. Monitoring will be undertaken in a number of ways, including:
- By the industry itself – who agree to monitor other members as part of the code;
- Customer feedback via our websites;
- Direct customer complaints to DM;
- Liaison with other agencies;
- Site inspections by DM staff;
- Other monitoring of consumer, trade, and industry feedback where relevant.